View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 04:21 AM   #20
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
A lot of that tends to whiz right by me. I go straight for the stock formula of

Leading lady is engaged to a guy who is totally and obviously wrong for her, OR has been burned once and has resolved to never. get. involved again.....

Meets leading man and they hit it off....

One or the other of them have a deep dark secret which threatens to break them up, or some slapstick comedic circumstances lead to hilarious misunderstandings which threaten to break them up....

it gets resolved and they live happily ever after....

I can take or leave the explicit bedroom scenes, but I do tend to prefer "implied"....
No, this is the stock formula of romance novels: the leading lady finds out that her life isn't complete without Mr. Right. In chick lit the leading lady's life is complete as long as she can still shop for shoes. If she knew before the story starts that shopping makes her happy, then it's just a matter of having enough money for it. If she didn't know, then she finds out.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote