Thread: epub & Kobo
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #6
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Sure it was general, Grumbles, rather than down to the particular file you were testing? My own wee house has tested many of its ePubs on Kobo and never noticed this glitch. Headers and footers have no place in ebook versions (other than in PDF, perhaps). Neil
Yes it was. There were eight units available to look at. I looked at several and several books on each. All had a title header and a chapter footer.

I was afraid that it might be something unique to the Kobo. I want headers and footers on my pages if possible. I want to know where I am in the book and a chapter reference on the page is nice. Page numbers on the other hand, are of limited use.

The best thing about epub is that it gives us a standard. On the other hand it appears to be incomplete. Page layout is important -- even for ebooks -- and this appears to be an area where the standards need to improved (or added.)

Cheers
G
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote