Thread: Font Embedding?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #21
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does this produce an actual font file that we can embed? What is the process using Adobe Acrobat?
Distiller seems to subset automatically. The font files are embedded in the PDF file. I think FontForge can extract the fonts and re-save them as usable (subsetted) fonts, but it's been a while since I looked into this.

So I suppose it would be possible, if you have Distiller, or some other PDF creation programme that sub-sets, to do the process manually if you really wanted to.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote