Thread: Hacks Kindle Screensaver
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #27
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I haven't put any of them onto my Kindle yet (still enjoying the originals) but I AM downloading all that you put up here. Where *DO* you get such strange images???! Victorian garb plus wings?? Wow!
All of the weird winged people images are from Max Ernst's "Une Semaine de Bonté" which is a graphic novel he put together by chopping images out of a Victorian encyclopedia. I have always loved them and they just happen to fit my criteria for Kindleification.

1) Interesting images
2) Highly Tonal in nature
3) Composed in or readily adjusted to a 6nX8n frame
4) Public Domain

I have tested all of the images before putting them on the page and I have wound up ditching about half of my attempts. I am slowly developing an eye for what will translate well to eInk images.
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote