View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 10:29 AM   #31
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
The DRM part is just idiotic. Waste of money, and many will just not buy the stuff, if they can't strip it (including me.) Barnes & Noble is a dinosaur.
For me, the problem with DRM is that it limits the devices and means that if today I own a Sony and tomorrow a Kindle, I can't move my Sony books to my Kindle. If they resolve this problem (assuming, of course, that Kindle should someday accept ePub), then I have no problem with DRM.

If DRM simply prevents me from posting a book file on the Internet for everyone and anyone to download, then the DRM is fine.

If the DRM prevents me from moving books from one device to another or sharing a book with my family absent giving them my device, then DRM is not fine.

I will give Google, Sony, and B&N the benefit of the doubt until they demonstrate they do not deserve it.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote