View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #924
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Uhh, maybe? Much as I love Calibre, I've barely scratched the surface of all its capabilities. So I don't know how to do that, and since I'm doing some other cleaning up while I do it it's not a huge deal. It's just odd to me that the covers are there in Dropbox when I look and download into Marvin. But not in Calibre. I may poke around more to try to figure it out.

In retrospect I probably should've just left it as it was and accessed Calibre via its server via wifi like I always have, but I do like being able to access books without having to be in the vicinity of my laptop. It's a tradeoff.
Its probably because Calibre stores metadata in a separate file along with the cover. Under normal circumstances (eg if you buy an ebook and download from somewhere) all of that is contained within a single file. Calibre doesn't alter the content of that file so if you have a book which has no cover, or one which is different to the one you decided you wanted, *thats* what you get when you d/l from dropbox to any reader.

One way around it is to save out your entire Calibre library making sure the metadata is saved to each file (I did it once, sorted by author then series) and upload that to your dropbox/sugarsync/box/idrive/whatever instead. The difference being that you will need to repeat the process for every new book you add to the Library, instead of everything being automatically updated as you add to Calibre itself.

Although, on re-reading your post... i think I have misunderstood, and now I really dont understand whats going wrong for you. oh well, i tried.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 02-20-2013 at 05:29 PM.