View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 01:12 PM   #51
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rflashman View Post
I would definitely NOT bother getting a Kindle outside the U.S. I would not be surprised if Amazon is busy negotiating deals with other country wireless providers, and then releases country specific models designed to work with wireless data networks in those countries. It only makes business sense. So you are probably better off waiting for a Canada/UK/EU/etc. specific version of the Kindle. The wireless chips in devices like these are trivial to swap at manufacturing time.
I agree. People seem to think that because it's EVDO that's all they'll ever have and because it started in the US they're dissing the rest of the planet. Maybe folks don't realize that from a hardware perspective it is really so easy to make such a change. It's the service partnerships and corporate deals that take time. I'd rather wait a little while and get one that will work more easily in my region. I know waiting sucks. I've been almost buying and waiting for a year now until I felt the right product came out.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote