View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #23218
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
As I was walking a ribbon of highway
I saw above me an endless skyway
I saw below me a golden valley
This land was made for you and me

I've roamed and rambled and I've followed my footsteps
To the sparkling sands of her diamond deserts
And all around me a voice was sounding

The sun comes shining as I was strolling
The wheat fields waving and the dust clouds rolling
The fog was lifting a voice come chanting

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSIy0wq_-8A )

Good morning, everyone! Happy Wednesday. (Is this a ridiculous was to spell a day's name?!? It really needs to be changed to wensday!) I have a steaming mug of East India Company's "Assam" tea on the table, a bowl of rice with Chinese Duck sausage mixed in, and a bowl of miso soup to go with it. Altogether, about 300 calories. I need to keep them down today (read 'today= next three weeks') to make up for yesterday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
Shame on you! Confusing Belgium with Holland!
My bad... But they are sooo close on the map!?!

Quote:
10 vacation days I have 24 and I'm complaining
You need to move to Thailand. They have about 20 national holidays (some of them are 2-3 days long, and one lasts almost a week in some areas!) and another 10 public holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
bllleeeecccchhhh
Is this a technical term?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Yes, I think money is the key-factor for not having cellars, as it is common for most houses in Holland and Belgium to have them. I have a huge one myself.
This comes as a complete surprise for me. I figured that the water table was too high, as in Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Now I feel bad. I don't have any mugs with Dutch Royalty on them .
If you'd like, I can send you a mug with my picture on it. People have been calling me a Royal Pain for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Sleeping is good when you have a cold - no matter what age you are!
Sleeping is good. Period.
I soooo regret all the naps I didn't take as a child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Agreed! If I can - my "cure" for coming down with a cold is 20 hours of sleep - it usually works!
My wife's cure too. She get's a cold, she goes to sleep for a day or two, and wakes up healthy. She can't understand why when I get sick I don't go to bed.

Time for one more mug of tea, then it's off to walk!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote