View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #8
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
My son started reading them aged 8, and has the whole canon, and always rereads them.
Along with Mr. Potter, they probably did more for his reading skills than anything at school or home! ( He remains a voracious reader, but still a "real book" adherent.)
I quite enjoy them, in that Monty Python way, but, being involved with old rugs & weavings, I find "The Carpet People" fantastic fun.
My personal hero is James Lee Burke, I have all his, and reread 'em all the time.
A wonderful writer, and his "Tin Roof Blowdown" was a stunning portrayal of the disaster that was Katrina, and a damning indictment of the Bush government. He has never written a bad book, IMO.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote