View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #3
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Have you checked the regional settings in windows on both?
Second thought:

Have you checked the font directories on both? On both computers? And did you install/embed any fonts in Sigil to display the non-latin characters? Did you ever install additional fonts on the older or newer computer, to the fonts directory for Windows?

I suspect that one Win7 computer has a different group of default fonts installed with the Win7 system. That's likely the culprit, but I could be dead wrong. I don't know if, like many Windows systems, Sigil will look for/use a font that it can find in the main font directories in the OS. I usually stick to what I know will work, OR, I embed fonts in Sigil to cover any characters that aren't displaying correctly (after I check encoding, etc.).

Hope that helps somehow.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote