View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #11
sheygetz
Connoisseur
sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.

Device: KPW G2 , 10" tablet
(That should've read "may take" ...)

Thanks for taking the time to reply everyone.
@theducks: That sounds very knowledgable, but as I am unfortunately not I only have a vague idea what you're saying. I take it, there's nothing much I can do, if I'm not into messing with boards, interrupts (remember those from WfW 3.11), slots, bios,etc. Incidentally I am on a Dell (6+ years running).

@ DoctorOhh: "There is no very low" Yeah, well that was just a way of phrasing that Calibre's low is obviously not low enough, at least for Dell & me. I will fine tune Avast to exempt the said directories. Ta.

@Peter and BetterRed: Yes, I did limit the number of parallel jobs to 1. I'll try the core setting too.

Hendrik
sheygetz is offline   Reply With Quote