View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #23
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The log files are there for diagnostic purposes. A couple of years ago, when I was having a problem with my Kindle Touch, Kindle Tech Support specifically asked my permission to pull the log files from my Kindle to assist in their diagnosis of the problem.
That's what I think too, Harry.

It just doesn't make sense to me that they'd ask your permission to pull the same log files that they'd been supposedly automagically uploading to their servers all along.

Doesn't change the fact that from a technological standpoint, I believe they could access the log files anytime they wanted (from a connected/registered device). But I'm more than satisfied that they're not, in fact, doing that (with the exception of your aforementioned technical support scenario).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-04-2013 at 01:38 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote