View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:03 AM   #26
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I found Gone Girl extremely over-rated, imho. But her earlier novel Dark Places was fabulous.

Lately? The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. Read it in paper years ago, got the ebook to reclaim shelf space and was going to just do a quick check for typos, then I got engrossed.
I thought Gone Girl was a better read than Dark Places, but still think Sharp Objects to be Flynn's best. Gone Girl was incredibly well done as an audiobook - real five star jobs by the narrators!

I listened to The Lovely Bones read by Alyssa Bresnehan, who captured Suzy's voice perfectly; I understand the edition narrated by the author herself isn't nearly as good. By the time Suzy tells her story a bit into the book, Bresnahan's friendly, calm tone makes that graphic account quite bearable.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote