View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #49
Indio777
Addict
Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Mobile Phone, Kindle (rarely), but mostly still read paper
I used to try to be bleeding edge when it came to some devices, but now pretty much not.

My problem is that I realized that in most cases, I could buy the latest version of a product and it would be out of date the next day (okay, I exaggerate a bit), or shortly thereafter. And in most cases the "improvements" were not really that significant.

Of course we are encouraged to buy the latest version of a products, and as Moore's law still seems to hold, that means more frequent upgrades.

I still get pangs of "gadget lust" at times, but have been pretty good lately at resisting them.

Not that I am being critical of those who buy the latest gadget. It IS fun to get the latest version or the first version of something new. Especially (for me at least) the unpacking of the box bit when the "wonderful" gadget is fully revealed.
Indio777 is offline   Reply With Quote