Thread: PRS-T1 New Homescreen
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 05:23 AM   #140
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
okay, in version 0.0.3.0, periodicals (and recently added) can be shown as one of the collections on the homescreen.
Cool, thanks! I don't see 0.0.3.0 on the downloads section yet, so I'm guessing that you can choose either a collection name or periodicals or recently added as a collection? What I'd love to see is something like "Unread periodicals, if none then fall back to a collection".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
My app reads all it's data from the Sony databases, so if these haven't been populated by the sony software, there will be no books shown. when you reboot, I guess that the Sony software is kick started into populating the database (or unlocks it so I can get a read only view on the data)
From my understanding with Android, if you have any partition mounted on a host (ie, the "sdcard" partition mounted on your Windows machine as E: or whatever) then it's unavailable to Android at that time. This is the same on Android phones and my Sony T1.

For example, if I fire up terminal and type "df" I can see /mnt/sdcard. If I connect USB in data transfer mode, then /mnt/sdcard disappears. I suspect that SonyPrsT1Home is looking somewhere under /mnt/sdcard for the Sony databases and if it can't find it it presents an empty homescreen?

Starting the Sony "Home" app though does show books, but if you try to open them then the "Home" app force closes. I guess from this that it must cache the database somewhere..

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote