View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #21
koadic
koadic doesn't litterkoadic doesn't litter

Device: prs-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
There is the best of both worlds - the enTourage eDGe with both e-ink and an LCD screens and it is available now unlike the vapour ware Adam.
Personally, I think that thing looks ugly as sin, and weighing in at 3lbs (non-Pocket version) with battery life of only 11 hours on eInk OR 6 hours on the LCD? No thanks. To each their own though.

As for vaporware... while it was delayed due to financial backing, they actually have a product submitted to the FCC for certification and are opening up pre-order's today at 1:30pm EST (for those inclined to early adoption) for those who followed and commented on their blogs prior to the Dec 4th post, and then 6 hours later for everyone else. As for pricing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotionInk Blog
Earlier we told you that the first version will start at $399. But now the LCD Wi-Fi version will start at $375.33 and 3G version at $425.33. Transflective version (Pixel Qi) will start at $499.45 for Wi-Fi only and 3G variant at $549.99. (For specifications please see our website).
Anyway, I find the specs and reported battery life much more attractive compared to the eDGe, and if the Samsung Galaxy Tab had a larger screen and ability to be read in direct sunlight, I would be all over it (and not just for reading out doors, ever try looking anything up on a laptop in the passenger/back seat of a car in the middle of the day?) The next version with SAMOLED might be better, as I have a Samsung Epic Galaxy S phone to compare to what it might be like, but in full on direct sunlight, it still isn't great.
koadic is offline   Reply With Quote