Thread: Indexeses
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetSlut View Post
Mmm, I think Calibre (a wonderful program that I've been using) does something different: it seems to me to be more focussed on device management and conversion of ebooks, rather than a pure indexing tool.

I think what I want is something more like the Apple iPod, doing one thing exceptionally well.

All of the features wished for so far shouldn't prove to be much of a problem, although I'm hesitant over the .txt file support since I think so many text files aren't ebooks that they will need special handling.
But everything sounds feasible, so as I say, let's give it a few days for ideas to percolate and then we'll take stock and see what can be done.
The calibre GUI was written originally to index books. What about indexing does it not do well?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote