View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 01:57 PM   #22
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post

I actually wrote code that did this. There's an option labeled 'If books with similar author/title found ... merge' When I wrote it, it allowed a user to simply drag a revised version of a pdf or epub into the GUI and it automatically overwrote the old pdf or epub. I was editing lots of books, and each time I did, I would simply replace the old version. I found it very useful. Kovid took it out before adding this code to Calibre. He revised it so that it never overwrites an existing format, it only adds formats that currently don't exist for the record..
Unless you recently broke it, you can drag an updated version into the Formats section of the metadata editor. No other confirmations done. It simply updated that format with the one dropped.

Deleting a format (even ALL Formats) from within the Metadata browser, causes No loss of tags, .

Calibre has Awesome flexibility.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote