View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 05:47 AM   #1
Barthelemy
Barthelemy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Multiple html to epub conversion.

Hi!

I have a collection of books consisted of html files (one file for every page), the structure is like:

-book_name[folder]:
-start_here.html
-files[folder]:
-img1.jpg
-cover.html.html
-page_i
-page_xix
-page_1
-etc.

When you open start_here.html it opens cover.html and you can navigate to next pages through 'next page' and 'previous page' buttons.

I was trying to convert start_here.html to epub in calibre, but for some reasons it combines only cover.html and page files wirh roman numeration.

I have Adobe InDesign, but it requires xml file, so I would have to convert multiple-html files to xml file first...

I have read that I need opf file which lists every htmls in folder, but I don't know how to create it.

I am very newbie in these things, so If You could provide some assistance I would be very greatful.

Update 1: I have just put conents of files folder to zip archive and converted zip file to epub (default options) in calibre, resulting epub consisted of files: page_367, page_366, page_365, page_364, page_363, page_362, page_368, page_369, page_371, page_372 (in that order). These are last pages of the html book, I don't get the order of files too.

Last edited by Barthelemy; 03-29-2010 at 06:19 AM.
Barthelemy is offline   Reply With Quote