View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #370
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Some small amount of my taxes go to pay an acquisitions librarian to balance popularity, subject matter coverage, and quality as indicated by book reviews and awards. Personally, I would rather he or she earn their salary rather than filling out order slips based on requests from the public.
I'm not sure what's wrong with both. An acquisitions librarian can look at the request from the patron and see if it works with his or her goals of popularity, subject matter coverage, and quality.

All I want is to know that the right person (the acquisitions librarian) is actually seeing my request.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote