View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #9
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Slightly off-topic, but I think Nate was right with his "geeks are PDF-phobic" comment. PDF was created as a proprietary format in 1993 or so and remained that way until 2008. The reader was free but the tools available to create them were overpriced, buggy, hard to maintain in a corporate environment, and often threw hissy fits when trying to upgrade. And don't get me started on the bloated reader software for which there are now decent alternatives (foxit) but for the longest time these didn't exist.

For me, PDF comes with a host of bad memories, and I am only slowly overcoming that
Hmmm... my own experience suggests otherwise. But it's mostly intuition, I guess... because I don't think I've ever discussed PDF at length prior to mobileread.

Which is to say, I suppose you guys might be right.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote