View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 02:23 PM   #59
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_s_nasir View Post
The Bug: My Cybook Gen 3 freezes with the second screen (the one with three dots). When I use the reset button it restarts and ends up with same display. The on/off button doesn't respond. Tried to reflash (796fmt), but that didn't work either.

The solution: Have no clue and open for help and suggestions!
This could very well have been nothing more than a low battery. What you describe happens with my Cybook when the battery is low. Plugging the Cybook up to AC power has resolved the issue for me every time.

I have come to realize that the battery indicator is not always as reliable as I expect it to be, probably because the battery indicator is only refreshed when you refresh the screen (by a page turn). But this behavior usually happens when I have not been reading for a while and then I turn the device on. At that stage, I don't remember what the battery indicator showed and then I never see it, because the device hangs up and does not progress through the booting up screens.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote