View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #591
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I am taking my time to really enjoy my revisit to the Outlander series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrella View Post
I finished Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson last weekend. I liked it, but not as much as I thought I would. The story wasn't entirely my cup of tea after all, and I think some of the voices Frederick Davidson did for the pirates were a bit over the top.
Well darn. I just looked and my version has that same narrator; I was looking forward to that one. I checked Librivox and see from the below that 2 of them could be possibilities. Maybe I'll still give it a try with the Dramatic version or the one that is read by only one reader for the whole book.

Quote:
Stevenson, Robert Louis. "Treasure Island" · (readers)
Stevenson, Robert Louis. "Treasure Island" (in "My First Book") · (readers)
Stevenson, Robert Louis. "Treasure Island (version 2)" · (readers)
Stevenson, Robert Louis. "Treasure Island (version 3, dramatic reading)" · (readers)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote