View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #588
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I've been listening to Outlander [Unabridged] [Audible Audio Edition] while doing little jobs around the house and yard. I read the first 4 or 5 books years ago and I am really enjoying the revisit to the book through listening.
I love those audiobooks, I must listen to Dragonfly in Amber soon! At least I have planned to get through the whole series in audio before the next book comes out. After giving up on reading the books after A Breath of Snow and Ashes, I got restarted last year by listening to An Echo in the Bone. It made me want to go back and start over again.

I finished Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson last weekend. I liked it, but not as much as I thought I would. The story wasn't entirely my cup of tea after all, and I think some of the voices Frederick Davidson did for the pirates were a bit over the top.

I am nearly finished with Brothers in Arms by Lois McMaster Bujold as well. I am enjoying listening to the Vorkosigan series more than actually reading it and I might get another one soon. If I don't get sidetracked by other books, that is.

I have also been listening to The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde during lunch breaks on my Kindle. It might be a while until I finish it, but I am enjoying it so far. Steven Crossley is a terrific narrator whom I first learned to appreciate when I listened to To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote