View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 04:20 AM   #90
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I do like to keep my code as clean as possible. But I can live with the metadata added to the OPF as that is easily removable should I ever want to. Plus, it's not really changing any of the code. Then thing though is why update the ePub's OPF when there is another OPF that could be used to put those changes in?
The remove non dc: metadata option will remove all the calibre specific metadata cruft along with any from other tools like Sigil. As stated elsewhere in this thread it is almost mutually exclusive with the update metadata option, since the latter always runs last. But as you say it does no harm for most users, it is only those who are submitting their books for publication and get blocked by tools those sites have to reject epubs with cruft in them that will care.

Not sure what you mean by the second comment. Do you mean why update the internal ePub opf file when calibres library has an opf file too? If so the answer is that if you open the book using calibres viewer, it only uses what is internal to the ePub. So the title, author in the window title and opening cover might not match what your library have displayed in calibre. So people who actually read their books on the computer using the calibre viewer, or who do direct things with the calibre file system (which we know they shouldn't but people still do) rather than using calibres export features have a way of getting the ePub internally correct without having to do an ePub -> conversion.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote