View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 04:08 AM   #89
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Another way of thinking about it is that our original idea was that this plugin might partner the Tweak ePub feature of calibre. It is supposed to represent an automation of keystrokes and thought processes you would normally have to do in notepad or whatever text editor you use. Just without you having to repetitively open all the necessary files and think your way around the changes or get lazy or careless and make mistakes or leave cruft in the ePub.

The only calibre code it uses of note is if you tick the Update Metadata feature, which calls the same exact code as gets called when you Save to Disk or Send to Device from calibre. So this does inserting or updating metadata into the opf file, and attempting to update the cover image if it can easily do so like if previously converted If you are the sort of person wanting to keep your epubs closer to virginal state you will probably want to avoid that, even though as I say the net effect is no different to if you export using calibre.
I do like to keep my code as clean as possible. But I can live with the metadata added to the OPF as that is easily removable should I ever want to. Plus, it's not really changing any of the code. Then thing though is why update the ePub's OPF when there is another OPF that could be used to put those changes in?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote