View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 02:05 AM   #50
Mikeyboards
Connoisseur
Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: CybkG3; iPads; Kindle PW2, Fire; NookGlow; KoboGlo, Aura HD, Aura One;
Getting unfrozen

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents about some ways I've managed to unfreeze my Cybook Gen3, the couple of times it's become unresponsive. (Stuck in the splash screen, or whatever, and will not turn on or off with the on/off button.)

On one occasion, I tried the reset button (located on the back of the unit, pressing with the end of a paper clip or a ballpoint pen), and it wouldn't reset. So then I tried using the reset button in combination with the On/Off button, and that rebooted the Cybook. (Holding down both of those buttons at once.)

On another occasion, the previous solution would not work. So I tried different button combinations. The magic combination was pressing and holding the On/Off button and then pressing the Back button. (Button 2nd from the bottom on the left edge of the unit.) Pretty sure it was that particular button, and pretty sure it was in that order. But apparently, trying different button combinations simultaneously can sometimes get you out of send-it-back-to-Bookeen mode!
Mikeyboards is offline   Reply With Quote