Thread: FIRE vs TABLET
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #53
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Well, I'm willing to share what I've been able to find regarding the Fire and Lenovo A1 screen and processor...

Kindle Fire:

Screen: 7" anti-reflective multi-touch display with IPS (in-plane switching=wider viewing angle), 1024 x 600 pixel resolution at 169 ppi
Processor: 1GHz dual-core TI OMAP SoC

Lenovo IdeaPad A1:

Screen: 7" glare multi-touch display (with IPS?)*, 1024 x 600 pixel resolution at 170 ppi
Processor: 1GHz single-core TI OMAP 3622 Cortex A8 SoC

Other points relevant for comparison are the Lenovo A1 has Bluetooth, GPS, two cameras, and microSD card reader; the Kindle Fire has none of those features. They both run Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). The Fire comes with 8GB onboard memory (6GB available for user content), but Amazon content can be stored on the Cloud (to retrieve you'll need wifi access). There is a Lenovo A1 model with up to 16GB onboard storage, plus it has a microSD card reader. It does look like Lenovo is going to be priced higher than the Fire, with the 16GB model probably at $249, while the Kindle Fire is $199.

* A Google search reveals that the Lenovo A1 has an IPS display, but I haven't seen that information confirmed on Lenovo's website.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 10-14-2011 at 02:10 PM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote