View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #24
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
The true is that even though is illegal, people remove DRM no matter what. Just browse the forums and you'll see. So that is not really a roadblock anymore.
Just wanted to mention it. There is always a very fast "strip the DRM" answer here on the forums, but hardly anyone ever bothers to tell people the whole story.

Quote:
Sony bookstore can't not be compared to Amazon online bookstore, no yet. Amazon titles and variety is huge! Even B&N online store is right now better than Sony's.
Whatever I wanted to buy until now, Sony had it. Same price as Amazon, too. One book, Lolita, even 10$ cheaper than Amazon. The layout is not as fancy and I can not say if they have the biggest choice in Vampire stories and the like as I don't read those things, but what I see it is as good as anyone elses store. My point was: what Amazon and the Kindle do Sony Readers and Sony do. Book buying made easy.

Quote:
Now, your perception or opinion about Kindle 3 being cheap is just that, an opinion. It is a well made product and really light. Actually, the Nook 1st gen is cheaper and had lot of cracking issues with the buttons. Just check around Kindle forums and you will see little or no issues about the hardware itself. Of course, like every product you will find junks and defective devices; my 1st Kindle had a battery problem, but I returned and the new one has been working perfectly.
Actually I did not say the Kindle is a cheap product, I said they have a cheap keyboard whereas the Sony has an expensive IR touchscreen. I am sure you do not want to deny this fact, or do you?

Quote:
Sony ereader is a great hardware, I like it a lot, but for being an eink reader and not being backed up by a solid online store like B&N/Nook or Amazon/Kindle, is a minus in my opinion, not to mention the price. Most students or average people will find it expensive; for that price you can buy a Nook Color, for example, and provides color.
Oh, there are SonyStores. I don't know if there are Sony stores in the States but the OP lives in Norway/Europe, so please be so kind to tell me where there is a B&N or Amazon around the corner.

In order to help someone make their decision it is not really helpfull to only look at what you have in your corner of the world but what they have in their corner of the world. And here in Europe we have epub, Sony, Pocketbook and the one or other company more. I do not see the wisdom in shouting Kindle and Nook from every roof top, when there is no Kindle or Nook around here. Most students and average people find it expensive to ship their stuff around the world in case there is need to do so.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote