View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #17
ignis
ignis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
As it stands now, I am this close to getting a Kindle. I am in dire need of an ereader for school, and at current prices, a PRS-650 will actually cost me about $200 more. Waiting for several months for Sony Readers to be back in stock is not an option for me. Kindle having WiFi is a nice bonus, too.

I admit that my experience with Calibre is very limited, and the last time I used it was about 2 years ago, so I assume things have changed since then. Many of you here have said that converting ePub to AZW isn't as problematic as I have thought, so that definitely did something to reassure me.

In addition, I have already bought about 30 Kindle in the past to read on Kindle iPhone app, and after some checking, it seems that at least half of my ePub collection is either available for free or costs very little on Amazon.

There are only 2 things that currently nag me about a Kindle:

1. How does it's screen perform in low lighting? I've been reading ebooks on LCD displays for a decade, I'm used to backlight, however dim, so I don't know what to expect from an e-ink screen.
2. How scratch-resistant is Kindle? Do I need to buy a screen protector and a cover for it?

Thanks in advance.
ignis is offline   Reply With Quote