View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 11:56 AM   #14
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Hmm. Now I have a reason to want my employer to switch to Vista (it'll probably take a few years, given their past approach to new OS's)
Good for them. I just this week moved P&W over to XP from Win2k (along with desktop upgrades), simply because Win2k has finally gone EOL. The whole, happy little family of Linux servers, Mac design stations, and Win2k boxes was running just dandy. I would have preferred to leave it that way.

Interestingly, two of my Win desktop suppliers have sent me deadlines already, after which they will no longer sell systems pre-loaded with XP. The timing of that and Microsoft's downgrade offer seems interesting.

Personally, I don't plan to worry about that for a couple of years.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote