Thread: Glo Android on Glo
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #232
takikura
Connoisseur
takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle sony reader boox 60
Tolino reader problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
You could put the dictionary behind a hidden folder (one that has a name that starts with a dot/period like - ".folder") as long as it is called directly in the code, it should work, even though you won't see it listed in a file browser. With any luck they would not be seen by the new book processing code.

Luck;
Ken
Dear Ken san

Thanks for the response. I thought my problem with the Tolino reader were;
1. It sometimes freezes.
2. Dictionay shows sometimes explanations irrelevant to a word serched.
But I did not encouter these problems today. Today I learned that the versions 1.2.4 and 1.3.0 are not really for the reader software but are for the device farmware. I believe this is the reason that the automatice up-grade does not work with my Kobo Glo. I decided to be happy with the current version of the reader, even though I have to face the error message of the up-grade failure when I start it.
I found the reader uses dictionaries from Quick Dictionaries. I set the dictionary directry of the QuickDic app to .tolino\dictionaries and installed their Japanese-English dictionary. It works well with the Tolino reader.

I am realy grateful to the people who enabled to make this change to the Glo.

Takikura
takikura is offline   Reply With Quote