View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
and the 15s (also try to give it even more) should work in any case, I think. It should trigger an external circuit. I can't see how a cable could help if you cannot reset the device.

But: if it's really the case that the device _always_ shows the loading bar (there is none in the bootloader stage!), not even switching to something different, even when you positively managed to unplug and replug the battery - then the screen, its controller or the according cables seem to be broken. (Slight chance might be that even the bootloader is broken and its assistence is needed to present the boot screen. I don't think serial console would help there, since it is handled/set up by the boot loader.)
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote