View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 06:25 AM   #160
TCCPhreak
TCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4GNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
So if you erased or corrupted the part of your mmc that contains the fastboot code,
I didn't. Once there was enough battery to boot correctly into fastboot, I could flash the kernels via fastboot and boot into diags again.. Unfortunately

Quote:
If you can boot diags, you could probably use dd to copy u-boot and kernel images to the correct SEEK offset in /dev/mmcblk0, but I have not tried that. It is easier with fastboot. You would need the write seek offsets for dd, or you could also corrupt your diags bootloader, making even that go away...
I am back at my old problem: Some seconds after the system (diags) is booted, it freezes whatever it is doing. Serial output told me something about mxc_rtc and that the reboot is automated 61s after a stuck CPU.

Quote:
Look up in the forum how Rastik recovered from erasing his entire mmc, by using the serial port. I think it was in the early kindle touch posts.
I already found it and read it (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=164018). This is very interesting for when I should ever get into that situation but at the moment my MMC seems okay (apart from the main partition p0)

I really appreciate your help but I think you're missing my point:
- fastboot works.
- diags boots (so diags kernel is fine and diags partition is fine) but freezes after some time.
- main partition cannot be written by fastboot (size limitation) and not by diags (not enough time before freezing) and even if I was able to re-flash it, I'd bet that it would still freeze with the mxc_rtc-problem on the "Boy reading under tree"-screen.

I've traced the mxc_rtc into the linux-kernel where it's responsible for accessing rtc-functions on the freescape-CPU. As the kernel image is fine (there is a checksum check at booting), this problem should not arise from the filesystem/mmc.

Regards,

TCC
TCCPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote