View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 05:18 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
[Rant] New dependencies for 0.6.11?

I was going to upgrade the Calibre version in my work computer (Mandriva 2008) and got a new error:

Code:
Extracting application files...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/tmp/init.py", line 43, in <module>
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
  File "ExtensionLoader_PyQt4_QtGui.py", line 12, in <module>
ImportError: /lib/i686/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /usr/local/calibre/libxml2.so.2)
I had already compiled libjpeg locally to work around a similar problem, now I have to do the same with libxml2? And what else? I cannot compile Calibre itself because I don't have python 2.6 (only 2.5)... I'm sorry but this is starting to be too much for me.

I understand that is the price to pay if one wishes cutting edge applications, though
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote