View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 05:11 AM   #41
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
The fact that Kobo is a (relatively) small fish competing with the Amazon shark just means that Kobo has to be smarter about their products, service and process.

They have had a series of firmware updates that have failed out of the gate. Including a very public launch failure in Japan. They have fairly serious bugs being introduced into every release. It is taking at least three months now to get these bugs fixed. Kobo customer support has a reputation of not having a clue (Kobots, anyone?), at least not if you don't use one of the special (and secret) email addresses to complain to (Kobo Executive Care, anyone?).

I want Kobo to succeed. I like their hardware, and their software is ok, once you can get past the bugs. But they have to improve their game.
I agree with every word. Perhaps the current delay is because they are sorting out all these problems to put in the systems it is apparent they need. (Yes, I am on the optimistic end of the spectrum.)
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote