View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #7
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebri View Post
I am trying to download metadata via the download menu aswell and seem to be having the same problem as the OP. Now I have read above that the author marked as unknown is likely to be causing this problem so have that to go on.

However I don't seem to be able to remove the author of unknown, each time I try to delete it it just puts unknown back in the field is there a way to remove the author or some wildcard I can place in there which reflects any author?
You can't leave an empty author in Calibre. On a Single Metadata Fetch, you can remove the author for the search, but it puts it back in as Unknown when you leave that Single Metadata Fetch screen. I'd search for Metadata on books that have an Unknown author using the Single Metadata Fetch, not the Bulk fetch.

I'm not sure what it does during a Bulk Metadata Search if the author is Unknown. If it always fails (that seems to be what you are saying), it might be worth requesting an enhancement or reporting it as a bug so that the author is ignored during the Bulk fetch for "Unknown" authors the same way it works on the Single Metadata Fetch screen.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote