View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 02:36 AM   #3
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Hi, Euroboy! Sorry that no one has gotten back to you until now. Perhaps you'd get more responses in the Which eReader Should I Buy? forum.

Personally, I'm enamored of the Kindle 3 as long as it has the new firmware upgrade (and is jail-broken for custom screensavers, of course). After years of using the touch screens on my Sony Readers, I find I like the retro feel of the Kindle Keyboard in combination with the sharper fonts and options which are the legacy of the Paperwhite. Reading is so much more fun, and the fast reboot option effected by jailbreaking is a huge relief.

And of course you can install custom fonts if your KK is jailbroken, but I've really been enjoying the firmware-updated stock fonts.

I don't know what's been happening to the Kindle 3/Kindle Keyboard's price in Norway, but recently in the States, it was being sold for less than the Touch.

The Touch also has issues I've read about which wouldn't make it terribly attractive for me. I'd move straight to the Paperwhite if I were so inclined.

If lag is a serious issue for you, you might want to research whether the Touch's processor is markedly faster than that of the K2. Most of the later models are significantly faster, which doesn't seem important until you own one and begin wincing at the pace of your older device.

The Touch uses a Freescale i.MX508 software controller. The Kindle Keyboard uses an Epson ISIS (S1D13522). Your K2 uses an Epson Broadsheet (S1D13521).

This is where you'll find the comparison (scroll down to the 6" readers):

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_Reader_Matrix

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 10-09-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote