View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 11:28 PM   #10
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Yep-like I said, everyone's needs are just so different. My wife has turned off wi-fi ONCE since she got her iPhone-when we traveled to Asia. And she just used airplane mode. But we don't pay for wi-fi, and have unlimited 3G.

I just wonder what is more common to the masses-turning on and off wi-fi 10 times a day, or leaving it on 24/7. If the former were the norm, Apple would have a wifi switch on the home screen, imho. But if you are saying all Android phones ship with it on the home screen by default, then maybe they are missing out.
Most Android phone do not have a WiFi toggle on the home screen (Sense UI does). But in the end, you can easily fix that yourself, in iOS Apple decided for you that you cannot. You cannot put any function toggle on your home screens, only programs. If you want to have easy access to function toggles on the iphone you have to jailbreak it.

You can't leave WiFi on, that will chew through your battery in 2-3 hours, max. WiFi will turn off in sleep mode, but every time you turn it the phone back on it will look for a connection.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote