View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #54
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I'm surprised how low most people are keeping the light. Interesting.
I don't. My particular preference if actually 12.5, but because that is not available, I'm constantly fiddling with it. 12-13-12-13....

Nah. Not really But I do have a way I'd like to set the Kindle. I like it set at such a level that the screen is bright, but not so bright that it looks as if it's lit up. I don't want it to become brighter than the ambient light if possibe. So, I use the light to "whiten up" the screen, not to make it brighter. In most of my rooms and when using my overhead bed lamp, this comes down to a setting of 12. (Or 13...)

If I must go brighter than ambient, I'll do that but the least amount as possible. I set it bright enough that I can still read without having the feeling of looking at an LCD-screen.

I try to avoid reading in complete darkness. My eyes are not good at that. I hate reading a tablet in complete darkness, using a computer in darkness, or watching TV in darkness; therefore I also don't like reading in darkness using the PW.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote