View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 03:36 PM   #23729
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
An intact cat in heat is not fun to have in the house. And darn hard to KEEP in the house. I'm not sure I'd be willing to even consider getting a cat I couldn't spay/neuter as soon as possible.
Yes. I remember, full well (and it's been--wait for it--dog's years since I went through this) the last female I had in heat inside a house, and what an agony it was. The screaming alone (and, of course, she was a Siamese) drove me bats.

I don't envy you, KK. How is it that you ended up with a Savannah that, apparently, belongs to someone else, in your house? I mean, she's obviously not a rescue, given her breeding; did you sign a contract with her breeder that agreed to give her this type of control?

With our MC's, I actually had to sign a contract stating that I wasn't going to breed them (this was about price), because the pricing for them to breed was higher than as pets, for the same cat. Given I have zero interest in adding to the (already horrible over-abused/dumped/etc.) cat population, regardless of any perceived "gains" vis-a-vis selling kittens, I was happy to sign it. These were our first "boughten" cats in years, as the rest had been rescues, either from rescue shelters or literally rescued-by-us cats. Our previous purebreds had been some decades ago.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote