View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #226
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by awh_tokyo View Post
Well, Amazon updated my Paperwhite without asking me first, so I'm here to see if there's really a way to get the Jailbreak and then Collections Manager back on this using the serial port? What sort of cable will I need to make to get the serial port working?

*EDIT Found the info that the serial port is just 2 solder pads on the motherboard. I can work with that. So now the question is just whether I can actually install the jailbreak that way.
I believe you can flash a 5.2 image and bridge up via fastboot, Or maybe someone has a 5.3+jb image already put together (or extract these from the bridge installer IIRC)

***Take the above with a grain of salt, I don't actually have a device with fastboot***
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote