Thread: PRS-650 Good old Sony reader!
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 12:19 AM   #13
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fif23 View Post
Thanks !
See I'm currently hauling my PRS-650 and was wondering if I should get the Paperwhite at all or just put 20 bucks on a clip-light for it...
For what it's worth, I'd say keep the 650 and if you really want to read in the dark, get the clip on light. I prefer the eReader-Lite, which sells for either 10.00 or 15.00 at Target. I'll admit I pad it just a little, otherwise it overlaps the 650's bezel just a little too much.

I just don't think the screen is different enough to make the extra money worth it. Hold off for another year or two and buy whatever's new when your 650 finally displeases you.

I still think - if you're going to stick with unhacked firmware - the organization method of the x50 readers is the least frustrating (with the alphabetic TOC on the right-hand side of the book list).
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote