Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 04:15 AM   #170
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
@eureka: I'm using Eclipse for a good reason (well, at least, a good reason for me): it makes life much easier while developing. I'm aware that the compiling step could be extracted into a javac task in the ant file, but it's just not worth the hassle for me. Anybody who is in for serious patch development needs a correctly set up IDE, which includes both the Amazon jars, as well as jbpatch and serp, anyway.
IDE != Eclipse. What about a Vim or Emacs or gedit or Kate or Sublime Text 2 or TextMate or Notepad++ or, heck, stock Windows Notepad? They could be a good IDE for serious patch development. Patch isn't a big deal, just several (or, maybe, just one) Java classes. And JD-GUI is a good standalone Java decompiler with GUI for decompiled source view, which can be used instead JadClipse.

Anyway, lack of documentation about compiling of jbpacher doesn't relate to IDE choice. You've not left any chance to me, who don't know a bit about instrumental infrastructure of Java development. I don't think it was intentional act, but I hope you'll think about people like me (and about people with other IDE).
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote