View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #150
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I finished up Warbreaker, and it wasn't as much of a slog once things got going, though cludgy dialogue and big infodumps were still an issue. Overall it was interesting, but ranks last among Sanderson's novels for me (haven't read Stormlight and probably won't read his WoT books).

Now I'm over halfway through Ready Player One. It also suffers from infodumps, but Will Wheaton reads them as though they were the most compelling thing imaginable, and a lot of the little details of the world are indeed interesting. Seeing the near future through the eyes of what amounts to an '80s obsessed nerd cult is lots of fun, and the setting is rife with social criticism (this book could easily be a prequel to Wall-E).
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote