View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 10:38 AM   #12
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Since you can download the PDF for free wouldn't you be able to use that to access the quality of the writing and story. Surely neither would be tainted by the format.
The problem is less the PDF format as that I absolutely refuse to read for pleasure on my computer, which is what would be required. I spend all day working as book editor reading books on my computer and by the time I'm ready for my pleasure reading, the very last thing I want to do is sit at my desk and read yet another book on my computer. It's one of the reasons why I bought a Sony Reader rather than a Kindle. The Kindle seemed to be too much like reading on my computer; the Sony seemed to be more like reading a paperback. My hands-on experience with both (a neighbor bought a Kindle) demonstrated that for me the Kindle is too much like my computer.

So it is less the PDF format than the necessity of reading on my computer that makes me shy away from this type of offer.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote