View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #106
Vaesse
Zealot
Vaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Just a quick question. I've been using this plugin since I found it a couple weeks ago, but never bothered to read the forum, as it seemed very straightforward. But today, I had some extra time, so I figured I'd read the forums of my favorite plugins to see if I was missing anything.

I only use the word-count feature, as I (without really thinking about it) expected the page count problem of not being able to directly relate to physical books (and since I'm just comparing books against each other, one number is as good as the next). Am I correct in believing that the "wonkiness" of html programming for page count estimates is avoided in using word counts (ie, the plugin counts words by the spaces around them or some such, so <div> vs <p> vs <br> shouldn't matter)?

Also, is there any particular reason why word counts can't be done on TXT files? I keep two formats in my library (assuming I don't have any conversion errors, which I'll go back later and try to pick through): MOBI and TXT. It would be nice to not have to keep MOBI for my TXT files that have no special formatting whatsoever, but if I can't get word count from TXT, I'll end up converting everything to MOBI (because word count is just that important to me now).

By the way, before I found this plugin, I was opening the TXT version in Open Office Writer, running a "word count" and manually updating the word count column... your plugin is a MUCH better method for getting this data!
Vaesse is offline   Reply With Quote