View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #16
Yellowman1
Edge User

Ok, I'm trying to rebuild the Skyfire Android to work on full screen using ChriF's program but I can't seem to get it to work. I have installed the program, I have moved the Skyfire Apk into the correct folder, I can pick the Apk file from the drop down list, I click on Decode and the program does what it does, then when I click on Edit XML File or Rebuild Android App, all I get is it can't find a certain path (which actually is the same path the Apk file was placed in the first place). What am I doing wrong? I should point that I don't know what to do with the second step in ChrisF's instructions (highlighted below), so I didn't do anything with that step (I skipped it, is that the problem?).

Please, if anyone can help I'll really appreciate. I'm stumped right now and starting to feel stupid

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
A while back euser1 posted a nice guide on how to use an tool to decode/change/and rebuild apk files to work full screen on the eDGe. Needless to say I jumped right on this and started trying to convert everything I had to fullscreen. This led to a wide gamut of outcomes. From triumph (working) to utter defeat (losing my 'My Documents' folder). I came to the realization that a GUI would be nice to prevent those very pesky typos that cause problems in command line programs. Thus AndroidAppDecoder is born.

AndroidAppDecoder is a simple HTA (HTML Application) that presents a user interface and menus to control APKTool. I have only been able to test this on Window XP and only on 3 different computers. Because of these limitations I consider this 'late beta' quality.

Instructions:
Because this uses Jarsigner you must have a Java Development Kit (jdk) installed on your computer.
*You will be asked to install a jdk if this file cannot find one installed.
*Java JDK Download Link
*Jarsigner is java's tool to digitally sign files. Android requires all Apk files to be signed.

I know many of you are just as paranoid about internet downloads as I am therefore this is 'open source' because It uses Visual Basic and HTML code it is able to be viewed at plain text. Simply right-click AndroidAppDecoder.hta and open with Notepad to review the code.

Please post any questions or feedback and I will do my best to address it.