View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 10:28 PM   #13
akiburis
Connoisseur
akiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enoughakiburis will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505, iLiad Book Edition
Let me try to explain, Alessandro. My post (like, I'm sure, Harry's and Jon's) had nothing to do with wanting to discourage you from posting, or with feeling offended by or wanting to disparage your preferences, or with the quality of your Perl scripting. It was based on a real misunderstanding. As the merest amateur dabbler in Perl (or any sort of coding), I could see what your script is meant to do and how it does it. So, as far as I'm competent to judge such things at all, it's a really good, clear, efficient script. But I didn't understand why you would write a script to do that. Actually, I still don't. Why do you need to format your ebooks for a device or an application that can't properly render extended-ASCII or Unicode character encodings? Why torture yourself? I really would like to discourage you from doing that!

Last edited by akiburis; 01-07-2008 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Misspelling corrected.
akiburis is offline   Reply With Quote