View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #151
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAMan View Post
Hmm, I can send pull request I suppose...
Sure... if you tell me what pull requests actually are, how they work, and what I am supposed to do with them.

I already admitted in some other thread that I am quite an idiot concerning git. I do clearly see the benefits of a DVCS, but I just didn't gain any experience with it yet. Please enlighten me!

Quote:
I don't have 5.1.0 on my KT and don't plan to upgrade right now
Well, I guess that's pretty much what one would call a "No-Go". 5.1.0 is radically different in many aspects from the previous versions.

Quote:
(as upgrading might theoretically involve some de-bricking thus taking some more time than 15 minutes), so I won't be able to test the code completely...
That's actually pretty simple, if you're ok to start from scratch.

Quote:
and I always failed to make update.bin to install.
The workaround that I created has been working for me for everything I released so far. But I know it's not a real solution. Then again, the current solution works for everything that I personally need right now, so there is no urgent need from my (personal) perspective.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote